Friday, October 28, 2011
Bluetooth Technology - Uniting the Devices
"The Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG) is formed with five companies." 1998 AD
On your phone - With Bluetooth technology your phone can do more than you realize.
"Bluetooth technology also uses radio waves. The biggest difference between Bluetooth technology and devices like FM radios and TV is distance. Radios and TV are meant to broadcast to many people over miles or kilometers. Bluetooth technology sends information within your own personal space, which is called your..."
Hicare home doctor(HX-461) is a home use medical equipment or home health care gateway...
Hicare home doctor
" This eHealth manager allows to build health care networks where medical information in the home environment is automatically collected from Bluetooth -enabled medical sensors applying with IEEE 11073-20601 protocol, and transmitted via Internet to eHealth servers..."
Thursday, October 27, 2011
Mini2440 | S3C2440 ARM9 Board
FriendlyARM Mini 2440 SBC (Single-Board Computer) with 400 MHz Samsung S3C2440 ARM9 processor. The board measures 10 cm x 10 cm, ideal for learning about ARM systems.
|From Hyper Embedded - Microcontroller ASIC and EDA|
Image mashup done by me is synthetic
- CPU: 400 MHz Samsung S3C2440A ARM920T (max freq. 533 MHz)
- RAM: 64 MB SDRAM, 32 bit Bus
- Flash: up to 1GB NAND Flash and 2 MB NOR Flash
- EEPROM: 256 Byte (I2C) and Ext. Memory: SD-Card socket
- USB: 1x USB-A Host 1.1, 1x USB-B Device 1.1
- Ethernet: RJ-45 10/100M (DM9000)
FriendlyARM - Low Cost ARM Boards
Combines tiny versions of many common UNIX utilities into a single small executable. It provides replacements for most of the utilities you usually find in GNU fileutils, shellutils, etc.
The utilities in BusyBox generally have fewer options than their full-featured GNU cousins; however, the options that are included provide the expected functionality and behave very much like their GNU counterparts. BusyBox provides a fairly complete environment for any small or embedded system.
The board is delivered with kernel Linux and Busybox
- 32-bits ARM 9 CPU, clocked at 240MHz
- 32MB of SDRAM (64MB optional) at 120MHz (32-bits interfaced)
- 64MB of on board Flash memory
- 2 USB host interfaces (1 switchable to USB device)
- Video output for STN or TFT LCD screen
- Touch-screen interface
- Low power: 0.5W typical, 1W max; only a single 3.3Vdc 5% is required
- Very easy to add CAN bus and Ethernet ports
Friday, October 14, 2011
PeeWeeLinux is an ongoing development effort to provide an environment that makes the configuration and installation of a Linux operating system on an embedded platform as easy and painless as possible.
- Developed on a RedHat 6.2 platform
- Packages are customized to minimize memory footprint
- Ncurses driven graphical configuration and installation tools
- USB support
- PCMCIA support
Currently the loading of target devices directly attached to the development system are supported. These include floppy drives, IDE hard drives, scsi hard drives, M-Systems Disk-On-Chip and CompactFlash devices. CompactFlash has been successfully loaded using PCMCIA adapters and USB readers.
Wednesday, October 05, 2011
Ultra-Mobile PC - UMPC
UMPCs have enough processing power to support audio, video, and gaming, in addition to having rich support for browsing the internet as well as for other communication and networking applications.
|From RF Wireless Engineering|
From - VIA Gallery
"VIA has documented a number of photos and images showcasing a wide range of VIA and partner products and technologies, VIA initiatives and some of the events we've attended."
UMPCPortal - The Ultra Mobile Computing reference site
Tuesday, October 04, 2011
Vector Electronics - Packaging - Prototype Products
- Made of Kapton Polyimide (high Tg of 260 0C)
- Vector Keyed for 5V or low-voltage 3.3v cards
- Vector Absorbs wear/tear of frequent insertions
- Vector UL V-O approved materials
Vector Electronics & Technology, Inc.
11115 Vanowen St. North Hollywood, CA 91605, USA.